Business Growth Plan Matrix
The business growth plan matrix is a great 'what if' tool which uses business intelligence in your business. This great business analytics tool develops a number of scenarios on how to improve your current business situation.
This is a business development tool that looks at making changes from your current business data by % increasing and % decreasing the critical success areas of your business operation and viewing the results in a profit and loss format.
This great business analytics tool can provide your business with ideas for improving your sales and profitability through incremental changes to key areas of your business.
See How to Use This Great Tool
The Business Growth Plan Matrix Works Like This
1. We begin with the amount of prospects, leads or opportunities that currently exist that can possibly be converted using our existing sales conversion processes. This is a manual data entry process.
2. Next we select our current level of sales conversions, based on our historical data, this conversion rate is expressed as a percentage. This is selected from a value from a drop down box.
3. The next area is the number of currently 'active' customers that we can now sell to. This is a calculation that is automatically done for you. These customers should be on our database or email list, so all we should need to do is to continue the relationship and sell more products/services to them as we have already converted them to a customer previously.
4. Next we input the current average number of transactions that each customer would make in a year. This would be calculated again from your historical data. The average number of transactions is calculated from the total number of transactions (year to date) divided by the number of active customers that you have on your database (that made up the total of transactions). This is selected from a value from a drop down box.
5. Next we input our current average sell price to these customers. This would be calculated again from your historical data. The average sell price is calculated from the total sales (year to date) divided by the number customers (year to date) that gave us those sales. So for example if our total sales (year to date) are $125,000 and the number of customers that made up those sales were 1,250, then the average sell price would be: $125,000 divided by 1,250 which equals $100.00. This is a manual data entry process.
5. The next area is the projected sales turnover for the year. This is a calculation that is automatically done for you. This is calculated as follows: number of customers x number of transactions (per year) x average sell price.
6. The next area is cost of sales (sometimes called cost of goods sold or contribution margin). Here you would need to select your % to sales that this cost represents, the value then is automatically inserted for you. This is selected from a value from a drop down box. Note: If you are a service based business (business consultant, accountant, bookkeeper etc), then you would not normally have any cost of sales, this being the case then you would set your cost of sales to zero (0).
7. The next area is the gross margin expectation for the year. This is a calculation that is automatically done for you. This is calculated as follows: Sales less cost of sales = Gross margin.
8. The next area is overheads (sometimes called operating expenses) this is an area where we input the level of overheads that currently exist for the business. This is a manual data entry process.
9. The final area is the net profit (sometimes called operating profit, or bottom line) expectation for the year. This is a calculation that is automatically done for you. This is calculated as follows: Gross margin less overheads = Net profit.
Changing from the Current to the Change Situation
Here is where the business growth plan matrix really works!
In the % + or - minus column you simply make your required adjustments to view a number of scenarios for your business, for example:
1. What would happen if I increased my conversions by 5%?
2. What would happen if I increased my average sell price by 6%?
3. What would happen if my cost of sales reduced by 5%?
4. What would happen if my overheads reduced by 10%?
Each file has sample data included for you to become familiar with the use of the business growth plan matrix.
Get your copy of this great business growth tool and develop many great scenarios for your business!
Full PDF instructions on how to create you own business growth model is provided with each purchase. This product is available as an immediate download from our secure website.
Purchase Price - $9.95 (USD)
The UMACS Biz Zone just got even better...
The UMACS Biz Zone Newsletter service has just combined with our sister website - UMACS Business World's Newsletter Service. So now you have the best of both worlds!
We know you will enjoy this great additional FREE content that we now have for you!
Our website UMACS Business Solutions will remain as always, only now you have more options for growing your business!
Sign-up below to join the UMACS Business World mailing list and receive some great bonuses!