Sales Run Rates
Keep your Finger on the Pulse of your Business!
This is a unique method of sales analysis and reporting to evaluate whether you are on track to budget and also to indicate the variances by week, month or whatever period you choose. Also this tool is a great metric to allow you keep on top of these critical areas of your business, providing a snapshot view, this method is a quick and easy way to evaluate and analyze your business trends. Used also as a sales plan template or a sales strategy template this will give you a prediction of your sales based on trending results.
How Do Sales Run Rates Work?
• Using the same formula that is used in limited over cricket this tool is a great way to have a snapshot of exactly where you are in line with your budgeted expectations for sales and profit on a monthly, or for an even closer look, a weekly basis.
• You can see at glance what your current run rate (actual per month) is compared to the required run rate (budget per month) along with the comparison to the same period last year.
• This great tool will also give you the expectation for achievement to budget (for the year) based on the current levels of sales and profitability; this allows you to see quite clearly the shortfall or over achievement at a glance.
• This is a great tool for any type of business, whether you are running your own small business or you are a sales manager in a larger organization looking to keep a very close eye on how your individual sales people (or overall sales) are tracking to budget.
How Do You Measure Sales & Profitability with Run Rates?
• All you need to do to achieve this greater level of control is to break your sales down into weeks - total for the year (12 months), divided by 52 (weeks).
• This can be used to great effect if you have a team of salespeople, once they provide their sales results each week simply input this data into each of their own templates and then they have a clear picture of where they where to budget for both sales and profitability by week.
• This could be a great discussion point when you give these numbers to each of your salespeople to present and comment on at the Monday morning sales meeting!
• A clear understanding of what is happening on a weekly basis may be far better than waiting for the end of the month to take corrective action, as in some cases it may be far too late and the required result is slipping away from you.
View How to Use Sales Run Rates
Get your copy of this great easy to use sales plan template!
When you purchase you will receive 2 templates, 1 for weekly sales and 1 for monthly sales, which you can fully customize yourself and comes complete with data entry sheets. A basic knowledge of Excel is required. Full PDF instructions on how to create you own sales and profit tracking sheets are provided with each purchase.
Purchase Price - $9.95 (USD)
The UMACS Biz Zone just got even better...
The UMACS Biz Zone Newsletter service has just combined with our sister website - UMACS Business World's Newsletter Service. So now you have the best of both worlds!
We know you will enjoy this great additional FREE content that we now have for you!
Our website UMACS Business Solutions will remain as always, only now you have more options for growing your business!
Sign-up below to join the UMACS Business World mailing list and receive some great bonuses!